My #inktober experience


The Inktober 2015 challenge 


So last month was a challenging month for me, why? I got to travel to 3 different countries! Gave workshops and do some follow up work (full time & freelance jobs) but despite the tiredness and epic rushing, I still find time to doodle and to be part of the Inktober project!  

How it began
It started with a website I stumble upon last year. Every October, artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month.

That initiative, as it began, belonged to Jake Parker, a Utah-based artist who said he “created InkTober in 2009 as a challenge to improve his and develop better professional habits. Since then, I always look forward for the month of October to showcase my skills in doodling. Now Inktober has became a big community with many artists participating by using the hashtag #inktober

p/s, do you know Malaysia has it very own Inktober group? Follow them in the link below: 
 https://www.facebook.com/inktobermalaysia

A Success!
Despite all those tiredness, I still manage to complete the 31 day challenge! 

You can view the full version at my Instagram account (I will only show 3 of them in my blog post):

A photo posted by Kendrick Ng (#kendylife) (@kendylife88) on

This is taken during Day 1 , which marks the first day of the Inktober initiative. 

A photo posted by Kendrick Ng (#kendylife) (@kendylife88) on

Taken during my trip overseas, I noticed I need to hold the sketchbook in order to take a good photo, which contributes to the holding style I kept using in this project :P

A photo posted by Kendrick Ng (#kendylife) (@kendylife88) on

The last day of Inktober, which always falls during the famous #Halloween festival. And that also marks the last doodle from me towards the Inktober project.

And this is how I doodle most of the works in this project (sorry bout the quality of this comic as this is was drawn using a mouse >.< ):

So you got the picture? This is how I normally do :P

Conclusion
As Inktober 2015 nears a close I'm feeling pretty good. I delay some uploads due to internet problems during my stay overseas. To be honest it has felt really good to be pushed to make a drawing everyday. It feels good to have become a little more comfortable and friendly with my UniPin pen. I'm finding it very enjoyable to work in black and white with some value adding grey.

Overall it was an exciting experience! Beside enchaining my doodling skills, I also met many new friends along the way!

That's all for my blog post for today!

Stay tuned for my upcoming post on #kendylifetravels 

Kendylife

Labels: , , , ,